Tuesday, August 27, 2013

More on the Studio

I’ve been out working in the new studio for a few months now and it is so wonderful.  There are still a few loose ends here and there but for the most part it is all done.  I took a few pictures in the spring when I got the interior all done and thought I’d post them up.

Here you can see the floors and the tongue and groove pattern I did around all the windows and between the front doors.



 I had enough corrugated metal from the outside left over to do the ceiling.  It was a lot nicer than trying to hang drywall over your head!


One of my favorite things I found for my studio is this old drafting desk.  It’s almost 100 years old and is from a local college.  The best part about it is that I use it almost every day and it is still fully functional.





I’m still in the process of making some furniture for the studio, but the first big one I got done was this bookcase.  It’s made out of threaded rod and pine boards stained to match the tongue and groove.  It was easy to build but installing it was really interesting.  You can also see the aluminum foil blocking out the West window, I really need to get some blinds.





No comments: